Got the following email in our Support mailbox asking us to join the class-action lawsuit:
I am writing you today to ask that you get involved in a Class Action Lawsuit to stop the abuse and blackmail perpetrated by a vigilante organization known as Spamhaus and run by Steve Linford.
We have talked to many ISPs and hosting companies and the consensus is basically the same. ISPs are tired of being blackmailed and bullied by this group of thugs and we propose to put an end to it by filing a Lawsuit. The defendants in this lawsuit will be
2. Steve Linford
3. Companies that use and support Spamhaus.
4. ISPs that unjustly shut or refuse service based on Spamhaus direction.
As you may already know Spamhaus just lost an 11.7 million dollar lawsuit filed by e360insight.com. they have refused to abide by the federal court order and will be soon held in contempt. If you are using Spamhaus you may be exposing your company to huge liability as they do not follow any law in their blacklisting and Steve Linford uses his position to abuse his list as a weapon for personal vendettas.
1. Spamhaus lists sites, IPs and ISPs that are not spamming.
2. Steve Linford uses his blacklists to enrich himself and for personal vendettas
3. Steve Linford owns a hosting company UXN.COM which is a direct conflict of interest in operating his illegal blacklist
4. Steve Linford Ignores United States courts and laws
5. Steve Linford Blackmails ISPs by listing IPs of innocents in order to get them to comply with whatever he asks.
6. The same list Spamhaus misrepresents as their SBl is freely available at [URL deleted by Ted] (without the blackmail)
7. Steve Linford has no regard for free speech and puts sites on his list solely for speaking out about him to repress the growing Anti-spamhaus movement.
One only needs to log into [URL deleted by Ted] to see the absolute nonsense that goes on there and Steve Linford banging his chest and bragging he can shut down any site or host in the world.
Regardless of the fight against spam there is no place on the internet for one man to decide who has a website and who does not.
If you are Interested in more information and updates as we progress please send an email to [Email address deleted by Ted] and we will add you to our confidential list.
At the very least if your tired of this kind of blackmail, do not bow to the Illegal actions of Spamhaus and log into [URL delted by Ted] and tell them what you think of their blackmail tactics.
It is time for Spamhaus to go. if you google “Spamhaus Terrorists” and “Spamhaus Judgment” you can read more about what is going on recently.
Thank you for your time
Committee to stop Spamhaus censorship and Blackmail
Yeah, we’ll go right ahead and do that…